s sthmtics, we know tht we experience sthm in our own unique wy. We ech hve ifferent triggers, symptoms n even meictions. There re lso ifferences between meictions but one of the most common wys we receive our meicine is by inhling it. Then, with < href="https://sthm.net/living/inhle-sthm-tretments/">inhle meictions>, there re mny ifferent types of inhlers. Wht else cn be ifferent? Lots. Incluing the wy we use tht rescue inhler.
Tht’s lot of ifferences for us, but one thing we ll hve in common; is tht we nee to brethe better. Something tht cn help us o tht, is using n < href="https://sthm.net/living/spcers-fcts/">sthm spcer> with our < href="https://sthm.net/tretment/rescue-meictions/">rescue inhlers>. Surprise, surprise! There re lots of ifferent spcers to choose from too! So, in worl with too mny vribles, this is ment to sort our the spcers n fin which is best for you.
Mny of the inhlers we use re MI’s or “< href="https://sthm.net/living/sthm-lexicon-metere-ose-inhler/">metere ose inhlers>“; commonly our rescue inhlers. spcer is n pprtus tht is ttche to the mouthpiece of your rescue inhler in orer to slow own n collect the ose of meiction. This llows the user to tke multiple breths of the sme ose of meicine, without neeing to time n inhle or force eep breth. Spcers re use with the ie tht you will get more of the ministere ose.
Of course, there re mny types of spcers. So here is quick list of common inhlers n how they compre to ech other in terms of ose collection.
- n inhler without spcer will get bout 0% of the meicine ose into the lungs. This mens, 90% of the meicine is lost.
- n “erochmber” is smll chmbere spcer tht is common for younger sthmtics. When using n erochmber, bout 5%-60% of the ose of meicine gets to the lungs. Mening, 75%-40% of the meicine is lost.
- “Lrge Volume Spcer” is shpe like cone n hs slightly lrger volume to collect meiction. With one of these sthm spcers, one cn expect to get 50%-80% of the ose of meicine into the lungs. So, tht’s 50%-0% of meicine is lost.
- There re lso spin-off brns of spcers. Some cn be more expensive for prouct tht hs more < href="https://sthm.net/vieo/spcer-vs-vlve-holing-chmber/">vlves> n re over-complicte. These inhlers re usully not prescribe n re purchse on-line.
The color of n erochmber spcer correspons to the ge of the user. This is to crete volume of the chmber tht is proportionl to the volume of the persons lungs.
- Ornge, is esigne for infnts, up to bout yer ol.
- Yellow, is esigne for chilren between n 0 yers ol.
- Blue, consiere to be the ult spcer, it is esigne for nyone over the ge of 0 yers ol.
The lst spcer tht I use for my rescue inhler ws blue erochmber, prescribe by my peitricin. Before tht, I ws ble to try out the full line of erochmber colors. There is some ebte bout bout how effective sthm spcers re. When I use one ily, I felt the ifference of being ble to tke multiple breths of the meiction ose, especilly when my breth ws shllow.
Luckily, my sthm hs gotten much better over the course of my erly ulthoo n I m very thnkful for this. Toy, I o not use spcer, however I frequently feel s though I shoul on the occsion when I o use my rescue n hve < href="https://sthm.net/living/wht-on-erth-is-hn-breth-coorintion/">shllow breth>. When I ws using my inhler ily, I lwys h it pire with my spcer becuse I woul keep trck of both constntly. Now, becuse I on’t use my rescue ily, I leve my spcer t home most of the time. Tht being si, writing this rticle hs ctully me me wnt to keep my spcer < href="https://sthm.net/living/crrying-spcer/">ner gin>!
I hope this rticle helpe you to unerstn some of the ifferences between sthm spcers n why using one might be helpful uring flre. s lwys, you n your octor know your sthm best. So, you shoul spek with them before chnging nything up or buying spcer tht isn’t the best fit for you. Let us know wht you use n how it hs worke for you.
This rticle represents the opinions, thoughts, n experiences of the uthor; none of this content hs been pi for by ny vertiser. The sthm.net tem oes not recommen or enorse ny proucts or tretments iscusse herein. Lern more bout how we mintin eitoril integrity < href="/bout-us/">here>.